Thursday, March 27, 2014

Mr Stilton + Cat Beanbag and Blanket

A couple of weeks ago we were lucky enough to be adopted by a kitten. The story of how it came about is a bit complicated but let's just say that it wasn't the first time that he'd paid us a visit and I don't think I could have made him leave even if I'd tried/wanted to.


I'm loving having him around especially when R is at school. He's such a funny wee character and he absolutely adores R. It melts my heart seeing them together and R is over the moon at finally having a pet.

With an extra family member comes extra sewing opportunities! Stilton has taken quite a liking to R's beanbag so I decided to make him one of his own as well as a little blanket to go with it. I get the feeling that he's going to be one spoilt cat.


I made the bean bag out of some cotton drill that I had in my stash. It was very easy to make and I love how it turned out. It would be great for babies/toddlers too.


I adore the cat fabric that I used for the front of the blanket and it matches perfectly with the spots. I backed it with black fleece so it's nice and snuggly.


They've both been given Stilton's seal of approval.

Joining in here:
Sew Cute Tuesday link party button Show & Tell Thursday's

4 comments:

Leonie said...

oh what an adorable little kitty! and how lucky is he to have his own bag! Very cute Fay!

Little Gumnut said...

how could you say no to all that fluffy cuteness!!! Yes, I see why you mutually adopted each other! Loving that beanbag and blankie! Cat toys next?

Juliet @ Tartankiwi said...

Cuuuute!!! (The kitty and the sewing!) He looks so content lying on his new bed.

SugarSystem said...

So cute <3 I love my two little darlings, but I've not sewn for them - what an amazing idea thank you xx